Over the weekend, “Avengers: Endgame” officially dethroned “Avatar” to become the biggest movie in history. For a decade, Cameron’s dazzling sci-fi epic held the top spot with $2.7897 billion in global ticket sales, but Disney and Marvel’s superhero mashup inched by with $2.7902 billion to claim the throne.
“Oel natie kameie, I see you Marvel,” Cameron wrote Monday morning on Twitter along with an image of Iron-Man surrounded by Pandoran woodsprite seeds. “Congratulations to ‘Avengers: Endgame’ on becoming the new box-office king.”
Credit Variety for article
At SDCC 2019, Batwoman showrunner Caroline Dries revealed that Burt Ward, the man who starred in the 1960s Batman series as Robin the Boy Wonder opposite Adam West's Caped Crusader, will appear in the Crisis on Infinite Earth's event.
"We're currently working on the crossover," Dries said at the SDCC Batwoman panel. "We've got a ton, a ton, a ton of characters coming into the five-part event... Burt Ward will be making an appearance [in Crisis on Infinite Earths]."
While details are still vague on his appearance, we'd guess that Ward will appear in the Batwoman portion of the Crisis crossover.
Credit Den of Geek for article
*** MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT OF UPCOMING TITLES ***
We just revealed a whopping 20+ upcoming films in person at our San Diego Comic Con panel! The following list are the exciting Blu-rays in progress and all the details we have at the moment.
• THE ABOMINABLE SNOWMAN (1957) – Early ’50s chiller starring Peter Cushing (in his first film for Hammer Films). Expected release: Nov 2019.
• BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA (1986) – We aim to create the definitive release of one of John Carpenter’s biggest and most beloved films in a 2-disc set. To raise the stakes, we’ll be releasing a Collector’s Edition and a Steelbook™ (both with the same content) simultaneously on the same date. Expected release: Nov or Dec 2019.
• BODY PARTS (1991) – After losing his arm in a car accident, a criminal psychologist has it replaced with a limb that belonged to a serial killer. Jeff Fahey (The Lawnmower Man) stars in Eric Red’s (Bad Moon) underrated flick. Expected Release: Jan 2020.
• DR JEKYLL AND SISTER HYDE (1971) – This gender-bending excursion from Hammer Films is quite the trip! Ralph Bates stars in this thriller directed by Roy Ward Baker (The Vampire Lovers). Expected Release: Dec 2019.
• DRACULA (1979) (Collector’s Edition) – John Badham’s slick and sophisticated telling of the legendary story flies into our midst in a 2-disc set. Includes a new transfer of the theatrical version as seen in theaters in 1979 with full color as well as the alternate director-approved version of the film created in 1991 for home video with a muted color palette. Expected Release: Nov 2019.
• THE FAN (1981) – This often-overlooked ’80s slasher film (which originally came out in theaters the same month as The Burning, Friday the 13th Part 2, Graduation Day and Happy Birthday to Me) stars Michael Biehn (Aliens) playing a deranged admirer who sets his sights on a Broadway star (screen legend Lauren Bacall). Score by Pino Donaggio (Dressed to Kill). Expected Release: Nov 2019.
• THE FLY COLLECTION – The insect-morphing franchise buzzes into town in a complete set that includes the original terrors The Fly (1958), Return of the Fly (1959), Curse of the Fly (1965) as well as the horrifying reboots The Fly (1986) and The Fly II (1989). We’re setting this packaging up just like we did recently for Critters and The Omen collections (Rigid slipcase, individual cases). Expected Release: Dec 2019.
• LET’S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH (1971) – This creepy, atmospheric and very underrated psychological cult classic from the early ’70s makes its long-awaited Blu-ray format debut! Expected Release: Jan 2020.
• MY BLOODY VALENTINE (1981) (Collector’s Edition) – Don’t have a heart attack but “Harry Warden” is back!! ❤ The original ’80s slasher film receives more love and attention from us with a planned 2-Disc set. Expected Release: Feb 2020 — before Valentine’s Day.
• PET SEMATARY II (1992) (Collector’s Edition) – Mary Lambert’s entertaining follow up to her 1989 original film based on the Stephen King novel stars Edward Furlong (Brainscan), Anthony Edwards (Revenge of the Nerds) and Clancy Brown (The Shawshank Redemption). Expected Release: Feb 2020.
• PROPHECY (1979) – Writer David Seltzer (The Omen) and Director John Frankenheimer (The Manchurian Candidate) spin a monstrous yarn about the dangers of environmental pollution in the deep woods of Maine. Robert Foxworth (Damien: Omen II) and Talia Shire (Rocky) star with horrifying monster makeup effects by Thomas Burman (Invasion of the Body Snatchers). Expected Release: Nov 2019.
• ROAD GAMES (1981) (Collector’s Edition) – Legendary Scream Queen Jamie Lee Curtis hits the roads with Stacy Keach (The New Mike Hammer) and a serial killer against a deserted Australian backdrop. From Director Richard Franklin (Psycho II, Patrick). Expected Release: Nov 2019.
• SILVER BULLET (1985) (Collector’s Edition) – A werewolf terrorizes a small New England town in this fang-baring film written by Stephen King. Stars Corey Haim (The Lost Boys), Everett McGill (Twin Peaks) and Gary Busey (The Buddy Holly Story). Expected Release: Dec 2019.
• UNIVERSAL HORROR COLLECTION VOLUME III – Another round of early classic horror films are on tap with Tower of London (1939), Man Made Monster (1941), The Black Cat (1941) and Horror Island (1941). Expected Release: Dec 2019.
All releases are Region A for U.S. and Canadian Territories.
Also announced tonight: More Exclusive-to-Scream Factory NECA© action figures are coming soon!
• NIGHT OF THE DEMONS – Last year we unleashed the limited-edition “Angela” character… but we all know she needs her friends to party with! Terrifying “Suzanne” and “Stooge” demons are ready to let loose and will be sold as a 2-pack with an expected release before Halloween 2019.
• THE SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE – The 1982 driller-killer slasher classic will see its central villain “Russ Thorn” getting the toy treatment. New Steelbook packaging plus a new 4K scan of the film is also in the works. Expected release date: Jan 2020.
Be the first to know when these become available to pre-order @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/blog/new-title-announcements-from-san-diego-comic-con-2019/
And if that weren’t enough good news, we’ll add some more! We have even more titles and deals in the works that should take us through the end of 2020 if all goes accordingly to plan. So if you didn’t see one of your favorites here, it may very well be in progress for near year and announced in the future.
If you've made it this far, we definitely want to take this moment to sincerely thank you guys for the support and love during the last 7 seven years of Scream Factory. It’s a rollercoaster of a brand as you know…and we couldn’t do it without you! ❤
Simu Liu has been tapped to star in “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” during its Hall H presentation at Comic Con, joining cast member Awkwafina, who was also announced during the presentation. Additionally, Veteran actor Tony Leung has joined the film as The Mandarin, an uber-villain introduced in “Iron Man 3. “Destin Cretton is on board to direct.
Insiders say Liu was one of several actors who tested this week for the part and was chosen by Marvel just before the studio headed into Comic Con.
The original Marvel Comics Shang-Chi follows Shang, a half-Chinese, half-American superhero created by writer Steve Englehart and artist Jim Starlin. In the comics, Shang-Chi is a master of numerous unarmed and weaponry-based wushu styles, including the use of the gun, nunchaku, and jian. Shang-Chi first appeared in Special Marvel Edition #15 in 1973.
Credit Variety for article
A sequel to “Doctor Strange” was announced as expected on Saturday a Marvel’s Panel at Comic-Con
Director Scott Derrickson said the film, titled “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” will mine the original comics and play up “the gothic, the horror.” Derrickson said it will lead Benedict Cumberbatch to dark and damaging places, though he will have company in Elizabeth Olsen, who will reprise her role as Scarlet Witch.
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” will hit theaters on May 7, 2021. It marked only one announcement in a packed slate at Marvel’s Comic-Con presentation, which also included “Black Widow,” “The Eternals,” “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings” and “Thor: Love and Thunder.
Credit Variety for article
Pandora's decade-long rule has finally ended.
Disney and Marvel Studios' Avengers: Endgamehas passed James Cameron's 2009 behemoth Avatar to become the top-grossing film of all time at the worldwide box office
Avengers: Endgame has shattered numerous records since debuting in cinemas in late April.
Among other achievements, the superhero extravaganza scored the biggest global opening of all time with $1.22 billion, including an all-time high of $357.1 million domestically and $866.5 million overseas.
The film is the fourth outing in the blockbuster Avengers series and the 22nd film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
Credit Hollywood Reporter for Article
In truly unexpected news from Marvel Studios’ panel at San Diego Comic-Con’s Hall H, Mahershala Ali was announced as the new Blade, the half-vampire vampire killer previously played by Wesley Snipes in three films for New Line Cinema. When New Line opted not to produce more Blade films itself, the rights to the character reverted to Marvel Studios, making it possible for him to join characters like Doctor Strange (a natural companion character), Captain Marvel, and Black Panther in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. “Blade” does not have a release date set.
Credit IndyWire for article