Horror comedies are very hit and miss for me. I love Student Body's and Scarey Movie, yet dislike Wacko and Lucky Stiff. I do love horror and gore and I love to laugh so anytime a new one comes out I pick it up right away. Years back I watched one about a serial killing couple that I liked but never could find a nice print of it. That film was Psychos in Love, and now the fine folks at Vinegar Syndrome have released it on Blu-ray.
Psychos in Love is the story of Joe and Kate. They are two very likeable people who meet and fall in love and have a world wind romance. There also sadistic serial killers. Yes before they met them would each go out and kill random people.
After they start getting tired of the same old routine they decide to go out and start killing as a couple. They enjoy it at first but then get bored by killing completely. However one night when they have to call a plumber over he turns out to be a serial killer cannibal who wants them to help him start killing more people so he can eat them.
This film is loaded with laughs and over the top gore. As horror comedy films go this is easily the bloodiest of the bunch. The cast actually works really well together and the humor is very self aware as opposed to slapstick.
The film has been a cult classic for years but the prints we're always inferior, untill now. Vinegar Syndrome has just released it on Blu-ray and its loaded with special features
Region free Blu-ray/DVD combo pack
• Newly scanned and restored in 2k from the 16mm original camera negative
• Commentary track with: Gorman Bechard (writer/producer/director) and Carmine Capobianco (writer/actor/music)
• Commentary track with: Gorman Bechard
• “Directing the Psychos” – Interview with Gorman Bechard
• “Playing a Psycho” – Interview with Carmine Capobianco
• “Discussing Psychos” – With Gorman Bechard & Carmine Capobianco
• “Making Psychos” – Making-of featurette
• Director’s introduction
• Carmine Capobianco Q&A from Cinema Wasteland 2016
• Original trailer
• Behind the scenes photo gallery
• Promotional image gallery
• Rough edit outtakes & extended scenes
• Alternate opening credit sequence
• Highlights from the “Psychos in Love” stageplay
• Four short films directed by Gorman Bechard
• Booklet with essays by Art Ettinger & Matt Desiderio
• Original cover artwork by Derek Gabryszak
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH Subtitles
Funny, bloody, and a great cast make this a fantastic watch for horror and comedy fans alike
Overall 3.5 out of 5 Stars