NEW US TITLE: Children of the Corn (Blu-ray)
Based on a short story by Stephen King, The Children of the Corn is a horror classic that has spawned multiple sequels and imitators, but none as harrowing as this masterpiece of horror.
Pre-order in the US: http://bit.ly/2s4VZAf
Release Date: 19 September
HE WHO WALKS BEHIND THE ROWS
A young couple travelling cross-country find themselves stranded in the small town of Gatlin, where they meet a mysterious religious cult of children. With no adults in sight the terror brews as the new arrivals find the secrets of the prospering corn fields and the children who inhabit them. Led by the mysterious Isaac and the unhinged Malachi the blood-curdling secrets of the children of Gatlin are soon revealed to their new ‘outlander’ guests.
Featuring stellar performances from Linda Hamilton (Terminator) and Peter Horton (thirtysomething) and based on a short story by Stephen King, The Children of the Corn is a horror classic that has spawned multiple sequels and imitators, but none as harrowing as this masterpiece of horror.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS:
• Brand new 2K restoration from the original negative
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Original Mono and 5.1 Audio Options
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Brand new audio commentary with John Sullivan of childrenofthecornmovie.com and horror journalist Justin Beahm
• Audio commentary with director Fritz Kiersch, producer Terrence Kirby and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
• Harvesting Horror: The Making of Children of the Corn – retrospective piece featuring interviews with director Fritz Kiersch and actors John Franklin and Courtney Gains
• It Was the Eighties! – an interview with actress Linda Hamilton
• Return to Gatlin – brand new featurette revisiting the film’s original Iowa shooting locations
• Stephen King on a Shoestring – an interview with producer Donald Borchers
• Welcome to Gatlin: The Sights and Sounds of Children of the Corn – an interview with production designer Craig Stearns and composer Jonathan Elias
• Feeling Blue – an interview with the actor who played “The Blue Man” in the fabled excised sequence
• Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
FIRST PRESSING: Collectors booklet featuring new writing in the film.