From the Wrap
Former child actor calls the allegations against him “egregious”
Former child star Corey Feldman took to Twitter on Wednesday to address the news that he is being investigated for possible sexual battery, saying: “We knew this was coming.”
The “Stand by Me” star also seemed to suggest that the investigation may have been sparked by former members of his band, Corey’s Angels, in retribution for Feldman canceling his tour.
“FRIENDS, FANS, & #FELDFAM WE KNEW THIS WAS COMING: AS U ALL KNOW WE HAV BEEN WARNED OF THREATS OF ATTACKS FROM A FEW OF THE FORMER ‘ANGELS’ FROM MY BAND SINCE I HAD 2 CANCEL MY TOUR UNEXPECTEDLY,” Feldman wrote. “AS U ALSO KNOW MY PRIMARY MISSION IS 2 FIGHT AGAINST SEXUAL ABUSE OF PPL OF ALL AGES.
Calling the allegations against him “egregious,” Feldman said that his attorney is dealing with the claims, and asserted, “the last thing I would ever want is [to] make [someone] feel taken advantage of in any way.”
A spokeswoman for the Los Angeles Police Department told TheWrap on Wednesday that a sexual battery report had been filed against Feldman earlier this week. While the spokeswoman was unable to provide specifics regarding the allegations, TMZ reported that a woman filed the report Monday, alleging that the former child actor had “grabbed her ass early in 2017.”