I'll be honest, to me the greatest film franchise is The Fast and Furious. Hugh octane mindless action with amazing action sequences and a fantastic cast. There are 8 so far, with part 9 coming next year, delayed thanks to Covid, and it looks like it will end at part 10. Some people make fun of them but I care less. For me they are lots of fun. And although I love them all here in my opinion are the top 5.
5) The Fast and the Furious: The one that started it all back in 2001. Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) enjoys the adrenaline of street car racing and his fans treat him like a rock star. After a blazing encounter with the ruthless Johnny Tran, Dom decides to take Brian (Paul Walker), a newcomer to street racing, under his wing. Dom's sister Mia sees something she likes in Brian, too. Trouble is, neither of them realize he's an undercover cop, and Dominic and his rival Johnny Tran are both the prime suspects in a case involving dirty money and big-rig hijacking.
4) 2 Fast 2 Furious: A lit of people hated this one for the fact it was more goofy, and did not have Vin Diesel in it. I find the humor a great touch and really enjoyed it. Ex-police officer Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker), relocates from Los Angeles to Miami to start over. Becoming involved in the street-racing scene in his new city, Brian befriends car-savvy Tej (Chris "Ludacris" Bridges) and Suki (Devon Aoki), but his competitive streak ends when federal agents apprehend him and he must enter into a deal with the FBI. Working with new partner Roman Pearce (Tyrese), Brian begins a dangerous mission to take down a powerful drug dealer.
3) Fast and Furious 6: Action cranked up to 11. Since Dom (Vin Diesel) and Brian's (Paul Walker) heist in Rio left them and their crew very rich people, they've scattered across the globe; however, they must still live as fugitives, unable to return home to their families. Meanwhile, Agent Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) has been tracking a gang of lethally skilled mercenary drivers whose second-in-command is someone Dom knows. Unable to take them down himself, Hobbs asks Dom and his crew for help in exchange for full pardons for everyone.
2) Fast Five: The film that shot the franchise into the stratosphere. Considered by many the best of the series and the one that introduces us to Luke Hobbs. Ever since ex-cop Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) and Mia Torretto (Jordana Brewster) broke her brother Dom (Vin Diesel) out of custody, they've traveled border to border to evade authorities. In Rio de Janeiro, they must do one final job before they can gain their freedom for good. Assembling their elite team of car racers, Brian and Dom know they must confront the corrupt businessman who wants them dead, before the federal agent (Dwayne Johnson) on their trail finds them.
1) Furious 7: The best in the series so far in terms of action and story. It's Paul Walkers last apperance in the series after his tragic death, and the send off left the theater in tears. I got choked up myself. After defeating international terrorist Owen Shaw, Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel), Brian O'Conner (Paul Walker) and the rest of the crew have separated to return to more normal lives. However, Deckard Shaw (Jason Statham), Owen's older brother, is thirsty for revenge. A slick government agent offers to help Dom and company take care of Shaw in exchange for their help in rescuing a kidnapped computer hacker who has developed a powerful surveillance program.